Soufflé is a lightly baked cake made with beaten egg whites combined with various other ingredients and served as a savory main dish or sweetened as a dessert. It is so light that it cannot be described in words. You can make a soufflé with minimal ingredients, just combine beaten egg whites with any flavor of your choice and bake. Here is a very simple recipe for strawberry soufflé which does not contain any cream or butter and it is ready to be served with strawberry or chocolate sauce.
2 egg whites
6-8 strawberries, 100 grams
2 tsp corn flour
4 tbsp castor sugar
½ tsp butter, for lining the ramekins
1 tbsp chocolate sauce
- Pre-heat the oven at 190 C (or 375 F) for 5 minutes.
- Line 2 ramekins with butter and then dust with castor sugar, remove any excess sugar.
- Make a fresh strawberry sauce in a blender with 2 tbsp sugar.
- Beat 2 egg whites with corn flour and 2 tbsp castor sugar until they form stiff peaks. This generally takes 5-7 minutes of whisking.
- Add half of the strawberry sauce to the mix and whisk more for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining strawberry sauce and fold slowly with a spatula. Let the pink streaks remain there in the mix.
- Pour the batter in the ramekins, fill it to the top and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until soufflé is puffed and golden
- Serve immediately with strawberry or chocolate sauce.