Rosacea, a chronic disease affects approximately 14 million Americans. The cause of this disease is unknown. It appears mainly near the chin, cheeks, and the nose. Rosacea appears more on fair-skinned people and affects 5% of Americans. Rosacea causes redness and it results in enlargement of the blood vessels. If you are suffering from Rosacea, it could be because of a poor immune system, high blood pressure or more weight. So, if you need to stay fit you need to cure rosacea.
Here are a few home remedies you can try:
Olive Leaf extract
If you are suffering from the auto-immune disease rosacea, then there could be a build-up of pathogens and protozoa in your body. Olive leaf extract gives your immune system a boost and helps in getting rid of inflammation. It liberates parasites, detoxifies your body and cleanses pathogens. Consume olive leaf extract available in the market for 6 moRths and see the results.
It includes terpenoids and flavonoids that have a soothing effect on the skin. It contains anti-inflammatory properties, which can overcome inflammation and redness caused by rosacea. Hence,
- Soak 3 chamomile tea bags in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and keep water in the refrigerator.
- Take it out after 10-15 minutes and dip a cotton cloth in it. Squeeze it and keep it over the affected area for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat it 3-4 times a day and see the results.
The main component in it is glycyrrhizinate. It is anti-inflammatory and also a moisturizer. It further prevents pigmentation and brightens up the skin. Glabridin present in licorice inhibits the production of melanin and inflammation in the skin cells. The licorice root protects skin from harmful UV rays too. So,
- Take licorice powder and mix it with aloe vera gel and spread it over your face.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it off.
Green tea contains anticarcinogen, antioxidant, and photoprotective properties, which have the ability to cure Rosacea. It reduces pimples and pustules from the skin. It contains saponins, vitamin C, and tannins which are effective in curing rosacea. Therefore,
- Make two cups of green tea and freeze for half an hour.
- Soak a cloth in the cold tea and place it over the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Also drink green tea twice a day, it will help in getting antioxidants for the body and will result in faster healing.
You can use products which have green tea extract or any cream with antioxidants to repair the damaged skin. You can opt for any cream that contains antioxidants and protects from harmful UV rays.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is essential to maintain the bodys pH levels. It acts as a natural disinfectant and kills bacteria on the skin. It contains a form of natural acetic acid that reduces swelling caused due to rosacea. ACV is packed with minerals, vitamins, and enzymes that disinfect the skin bacteria.
- To prepare an apple cider vinegar tonic we need warm water. The water should not be too hot as it will destroy the enzymes found in raw vinegar.
- Add a natural sweetener like Manuka honey.
- Now add two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar. 4. Stir it, sit back and enjoy the tonic that will cure Rosacea and fill up our body with essential vitamins and minerals.
Aloe Vera is an excellent antidote for skin. It is anti-inflammatory, antifungal and anti-viral in nature, which help in reducing rosacea. Aloe Vera gel and juice both are effective in rejuvenating the skin and reduces redness and irritation caused due to rosacea. It can be used orally as well as externally. Aloe-Vera contains vitamin A, C and E that are antioxidants. It also has bradykinase which reduces inflammation when applied on the skin. To use it:
- Extract fresh gel from the aloe vera leaf and apply it on the affected skin.
- Keep it till it dries completely and wash with lukewarm water.
- Drink one tablespoon of aloe vera juice daily. It will heal your skin faster.
The causes of rosacea have not been determined yet. It cannot be cured, but there are a few things that can aggravate it, like:
- Abnormality in blood vessels
- Spicy foods
- The intestinal bacteria Helicobacter pylori
Other than these exposures to sun, stress, extremely hot and cold weather, hot drinks may also lead to rosacea. We can prevent them by following certain steps:
Stay out of the sun from 10 am to 4 pm. While going out cover your face using visor or scarf.
Use products labeled as noncomedogenic. Avoid OTC creams unless a doctor prescribes you. They can worsen symptoms in the long run.
Use a sunscreen that is rated SPF 30 or higher.
Use products that are gentle on your skin.
Currently, there are no tests to diagnose rosacea. The early diagnosis and treatment can reduce rosacea progression. Start yours today!