Oatmeal sesame crackers are one of the easiest and healthiest recipes that can be made at home. Oatmeal is a rich source of fiber and nutrients.
1 cup Rolled Oats(50 gms)
1 cup whole wheat flour (50 gms)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
Sesame seeds (For sprinkling)
1 Each cucumber and tomato (equal qty, 100gms each, finely chopped)
1 cup low fat yogurt (100gms)
2 sprigs of mint (finely chopped)
tsp white pepper
1. Knead the above ingredients into dough
2. Leave the dough for 20 minutes
3. Preheat the oven at 175 C (or 350 F) for 10 minutes
4. Divide the dough into 2 or 3 equal portions and roll it into round shape.
5. Place it on a flat baking tray and cut it in required shapes using pizza cutter.
6. Brush it with olive oil and sprinkle sesame seeds.
7. Bake the crackers for 20 minutes and let the tray cool once done.
8. Once the tray is cool, the crackers are ready to serve with yogurt dip or salsa dip if you like it spicy.
9. For the yogurt dip, mix all ingredients and serve as a topping on the cracker.
1. You can add cardamom powder and sugar for sweet crackers.
2. You can also use different moulds to make various shapes out of the dough
3: If you have a deep tray, you can use reverse and use it for baking thin crispy crackers.
This will enable you to remove the crackers easily once they tray cool after baking.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins