Kale is so versatile that it can be used in various recipes such as juices, smoothies, breads and stir-fries. This dark green leaf has various benefits since it is rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium and iron. When combined with other veggies, it makes up a complete healthy meal.
For all kale lovers, this is a recipe that will keep you asking for more. Keeping the cooking time to a minimum retains the crunch and texture of the broccoli and kale. The black bean sauce adds a rich salty flavor, so make sure to taste before adding extra salt.
This is a versatile recipe so add or change whatever vegetables you have on hand. Carrots, cauliflower and zucchini also work well. Instead of black bean or soy sauce, olive oil with lemon also makes a delicious dressing for this stir-fry.
1 cup broccoli florets,
2 kale leaves, finely chopped
cup mushroom, sliced
1 each red and green peppers, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp. black bean sauce
1 small piece ginger, crushed/grated
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch the kale by pouring boiling water over the chopped leaves in a colander.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add broccoli, ginger and saut for 3 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, peppers and saut for 3 minutes.
4. Add black bean sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Add the kale leaves to the mix and turn off the heat.
6. Serve warm
1. Alter the ratio of vegetables to your taste.
2. Substitute black bean sauce with soy sauce.
Time: 15 Minutes