After using turmeric in soups and curries, here is a very different and interesting salad recipe. It is highly anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-biotic, anti-septic and anti-cancer. Here, we have used turmeric to prepare and very simple salad dressing. Use a fresh turmeric piece or dry turmeric powder to make this salad dressing. Use veggies of your choice in this salad and just mix fresh chopped kale leaves with this salad to give it a nice texture.
This salad is ready in a moment, while its dressing can be prepared in advance. Serve this fresh and relish the flavor and goodness of turmeric.
cup kale leaves, stem removed and chopped
1 cucumber, sliced and diced
cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
2-3 baby carrots, sliced
small piece of fresh turmeric or teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt to taste
- Crush or grate the fresh turmeric piece and add olive oil, salt and lemon juice to it.
- Allow it to stand for 10 minutes, so that turmeric juice can mix well with rest of the ingredients.
- Pass the dressing through a sieve to get a filtered salad dressing.
- Toss the salad dressing with the veggies.
- Serve instantly
- Mix the salad dressing with rest of the ingredients just before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minutes