Quinoa contains more protein than any other grain. There are different ways in which we can use quinoa in our regular diet. We try to look for various recipes where we can make quinoa more interesting and tasty. Here is another recipe, which has grilled vegetables, requires less oil and has an excellent toasted flavor of the garlic. In this recipe, we grill broccoli for a longer period than other vegetables since it takes more time to cook.
cup cooked quinoa
6 medium sized broccoli florets
4-6 garlic cloves
6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
cup capsicum, finely chopped
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate broccoli florets for 30 minutes with olive oil and salt, so that they become tender.
2. Pre-heat the oven at 175 C (350 F) for 5 minutes.
3. In a baking tray, place the broccoli florets.
4. Place the tray in the oven at 175 C (350 F) for 5 minutes.
5. Place the rest of the veggies in the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Toss the baked veggies with cooked quinoa, pepper and lemon juice in an oven proof dish.
7. Bake for further 10 minutes.
8. Serve warm.
- You may add more veggies like carrots, zucchini etc.
Preparation time: 30 minutes